Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1984 regal awning
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Barth! who goes there?
posted
Can anyone tell me where to get a new awning...
Thank you

Posts: 3 | Location: Orlando Florida | Member Since: 11-09-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Heading east on I4 you'll come to quite a few RV places around and just past Lakeland. Bates, Campers World, and a few others. If you just need the fabric you might try PLL in Texas, a fine place for all things RV. If you need the whole assembly with frame, I'd have it done professionally as local as possible.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
When I replaced mine I got the awning and arms and did a complete replacement. I did not like the DeeZee. When it self deployed in broke multiple pieces. Replaced with Dometic manual. Free delivery to my house. Mine was 21 ft so not a little awning.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
My Monarch has an AE power awning. Supposed to be able to retract in high winds, etc. I never trusted it to do that but it did once extend itself for no reason in my driveway!

Meanwhile the awning motor fried and it was a $300 part. I got a used one and replaced it. Considering the expense, lack of reliability, and the fact a manual awning is not that bad to extend and retract, I would get a manual version.

ZipDee is a common brand but I found that Carefree Colorado ones seem to be better made. I had one on my 86 Regal and I was happy with it.

Be sure to shop around, prices and installation quality vary a lot. Florida is a good place with numerous choices. The one I have in the Monarch was a replacement installed by Camping World (not sure which location). They left holes behind and the subsequent leaks ruined the inside paneling near the front door, requiring later replacement.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
All the high end coaches such as Prevost, Newell, Bluebird, and Foretravel all used ZipDee awnings. Zipdee's customer service is great. Yes, I have had the main awning on "Ugly Betty" replaced by ZipDee. Would do it again.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post