Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lighting diffusers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
posted
As regular readers probably know, I'm the proud new owner of Jim and Tere's Old Blue. They sold me an awesome coach with just about everything "done."

One little project they left for me is updating to LED lighting. I want to keep the look and feel of a 1985 Regal so I won't be updating the fixtures to something that doesn't look right. I'm just replacing bulbs in the existing fixtures.

But the plastic diffusers are 29 years old -- brittle and ready to fall apart. They are 12" long, 4.5" wide, and about 0.75" deep, with angular corners, not rounded. They enclose 3 standard incandescent bulbs, the usual BA15S which I am upgrading to LED.

Anyway, if anyone has a source for these diffusers, please advise. I couldn't find a manufacturer's name on the fixtures, short of taking one apart.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Here: www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums...1087061/m/3473959277

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tom, but it's the light fixture covers, the lenses, or what the industry calls diffusers, that's what I'm looking for. (I've got the LED bulbs under control.)

Roger (no longer Barthless in Seattle)

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, like those but ones that fit my lights, 12" long, 4.5" wide, and about 0.75" deep, with angular corners, not rounded like the newer ones.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Roger, were you Abel to find the diffusers ? I need to replace all of mine.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post