Tools
Reply To This Topic

Beauty is only skin deep
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
The one area on my Monarch that I really didn't care for cosmetically is the front end. I especially hated the dated headlights. After much research I found that they are the same units used on 90s full size Broncos. The game was on!

I took advantage of the generator being out for repair as the whole front of the bus was open. Here are the before and after. After are EBay, smoke reflector headlights bought new for $78 with shipping. I got $67 back selling the used ones!!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a shot a little further back.

What do you think? Improvement or not?

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! This dresses up the front end! Good Job on the recovery of funds! Will you be reinstalling your custom made license plate bracket?

Ever wonder how to mount a front plate on Barth?

Is this the same coach that has/had a road runner on the back end?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Yes, same Barth. This is the one I bought from Ed Allen a few years back or so. He put on Roadrunner. I've looked around for a Willy Coyote decal for my trailer. Get it.......

I need to reinstall my plate and bracket, it came off during the generator fix.

Thanks for the input, great job with the site!
Corey

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of putting a Florida Gator on mine, but since I travel through AL, GA, MS, LA, TN, KY and SC, maybe not such a good idea...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
a little change in thread...I'm looking for an over the door awning for my '94 Breakaway and was curious which model you have. I can't tell from pix but does it come forward enough to cover most of door opening? I also have a lower roofline than you so might not have enough room. How far above door opening to top of awning case? thanks for info.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Bobby Orr!

Any relation to the greatest sports player of all time?

Mine is a Carefree OTD awning. Not sure which model, but it was a surplus sale on EBay. I later found the elaborate control system that closes it half way or all the way based on a wind sensor.

It easily overlaps the door and steps by 6 inches, so it really keeps that area free of water if there is no appreciable wind.

To install it, I needed to move the awning down the rail (see my archived post on this install). It's not hard and I have seen others mount them where there is little room above the roof line. You would, naturally, need to create a vertical mounting surface, but this could be as simple as L brackets. I really love this addition, especially when you want to leave mucky footwear at the steps!

Email me if you need more help. Come down to Florida and I'll help you install it. Just be sure to bring some Tim Hortons coffee along!!
Corey

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beauty is only skin deep

"But ugly goes to the bone,"

I was once told...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Headlights look good, but if I tried to make my Barth look up-to-date, I would need an entire front cap :-)

But I like the retro look, though most folks think it is ten years older.

I am really interested in that road runner, one of my favorite critters and the AZ state bird. Is it airbrush or decal? Would like one.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Barth came with the Road Runner on it, but it is a decal. I've been looking on-line and there are companies that specialize in vinyl decals of any size. I was thinking of getting a Wylie Coyote for my trailer, that way the Road Runner will never get caught!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Corey, I sent you a PMI but you might not have received it. Do you know the color codes and paint manufacturer of the paint on your Barth? I'm thinking about using those colors when I redo my 85 Regal
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post