Barthmobile Portal
Bedroom walls

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3431087061/m/5393998177

05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
w&bknocke
Bedroom walls
Hi All; My Breakaway has carpet 1/2 way up the bedroom walls. Is there a reason ie sound control or was it a design Idea? We are going to change flooring and wonder if removing the carpet on the wall will adversely affect something.
Thanks
Wayne

05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
coaster48
Just replaced all my carpets including the walls in bedroom
Overall,just cosmetic on the wall but they did cover a 3" mistake hole on closet wall, so I replaced all walls with new vinyl tile material and was able to replace the wood trim
Lots of staples to remove during the process but well worth the effort as the results were great!

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
K&E
Quick note:

When I replaced my carpeting, around the doghouse, I used an item called "FatMat". It is 1/3 the cost of Dynamat and therefore, I used multiple layers. It really helped cut the noise and heat.

It was WELL worth the time and effort.
05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Danny Z
One of the things that caught our attention was the brick walls in the Euro. Imagine our chagrin upon finding out that these were not real bricks at all, rather a vinyl wall covering! There are, however, many fine brick and other prints available at Homey and Lowes, or whatever you have locally, and any that you like should serve the purpose. I can't imagine why carpet would be needed on a wall. We did crazy things back in the day for music enjoyment and neighbor goodwill, but this is your coach, not an apartment. Find something you like, put it in, and enjoy.

79 Barth Classic