Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Skylight
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a need for a 14x30 double pane skylight, I have looked on the internet, but wondering what brands you have had success with.

TIA Chuckd
Stillwater MN, home of the endless winter.

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckd:
I have a need for a 14x30 double pane skylight, I have looked on the internet, but wondering what brands you have had success with.

TIA Chuckd
Stillwater MN, home of the endless winter.

not finding that size, or any double pane, at CAMPING WORLD or ADVENTURE NET.
Might you mean a residential product?
In that regard, the choice is between Anderson roof window or Velux. I say "roof window" rather than skylight because the former opens upward. I had a problem w two Anderson roof windows. rep came out. They were removed and replaced under warranty.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
or this?

http://www.eztopsworldwide.com/rvskylights.htm

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
or this?

http://www.eztopsworldwide.com/rvskylights.htm

don't see anything 14X30 or double pane there

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Rectangular Lexan® Skylights

14" x 30" x up to 4"H

Outside edge to outside edge. 17" x 33"

Clear Lexan® 1/8" thick $79.00 ea.

Bronze Lexan® 1/8" thick $84.85 ea.

White SG Lexan® 1/8" thick $92.45 ea.

youtube skylight install:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYXFwCOT0Iw

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
my bad... failed to scroll down beyond SQUARE.

Double Pane ????
I cannot tell from EZ tops if they are double wall or "double pane", that is, inner and outer.
I was thinking "double pane" as in one beside the other or two lites (panes) in one window sash.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses guys, now I hope I have a lead on one, and I also hope that I can get the old one off just as easy as the utube video shows, but I doubt it. The installer felt if a little caulking is good, a lot is better.

Thanks again
Chuckd, Stillwater, where it will be 3 above tomorrow.

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post