Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Rebuilding the Euro!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rebuilding the Euro!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Started the rebuild of the 22' 1981 Euro. Stripped it out to convert to mobile clinic/transformer coach. Kept the sinks (stainless) dumped the refer, furnace, water heater and electrics. Have led's for all lights, new wiring with 50 amp service and 220volt on demand water heater. Kept the stove, removed the converter charger, carpet, shower, toilet and dash AC. Will run with generator operating roof air. Have a 40 amp charger converter if anyone wants it.
Removed all water system and installed copper lines, 1/4 turn valves and a real shower (full tile with decorator tiles and ceramic penny tile flooring). Will install the residential refer/freezer, new microwave and propane furnace. Did the engine heads with new valves, gaskets and refurbed the brakes and hydroboost. This has the Chevy 350 truck engine with 4 bolt mains and while replacing the oil pump found one bolt in the pan! Checked it all out and reinstalled and all is good. Looks like the engine was rebuilt previously and maybe someone overlooked tightening one of the bolts. Next up is to replace each rivet across the top of the windshield with solid closed head type. Every leak to the dash and the side windows came from those leaking rivets! That required I build a new dash as the wood was rotted. I did find where Barth used sticks and staples - the cabinets and upholstery. Will try to post pictures as I can, but if you have questions about the process of restoration ask away!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom and Julie:
Have a 40 amp charger converter if anyone wants it.
I am up for it Tom K. Just let me know what you want in return. You already have my address and know where to find me. Thank you in advance.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post