Tools
Reply To This Topic

Stainless Steel Tool Box addition
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
My first improvement to my Monarch was to add a Sears, SS tool box with the self locking drawers. I chose the self lock drawers after reading about many drawers forcing open the cargo door on hard cornering when the owner forgot to lock the box. One can imagine if all the drawers slide into the cargo door how much weight it hammering into it. With this box if the door is shut, it latches locked until you pick up on the handle bar.

I used aluminum C rails to both lift the box to a proper height for the bottom drawer to not hit the cargo opening as well as spread the weight more evenly to the stronger vertical sides. Everything is bolted down strong and tight.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Real sanitary.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
That monarch sure is beautifull! Love the tool box addition.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Hello'
I too have a tool box on the back. It was on when i bought the Barth. Paid $1675 at auction.

1974 Chev C Class

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
That is one mighty nice looking Barth, got anymore pics? Did it formerly live in the Palliser area of Calgary?

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Hi, I have no history on this unit as i bought it at auction. Have you seen it before?

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
I saw one similar to it on the street in Palliser a few years ago. There were quite a few Barths sold in Calgary in those days (70's). I believe the dealer was "Town and Country Propane". My neighbor bought a class C with the rear trunk and we travelled around Washington state and to Seattle together in a new Barth. The Barth was flawless out of the starting gate.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment Kris and Tina, we do love our Barth.

Dalton, yours is the first time I've seen the Class C Barth, real cool and looks like typical Barth quality. Also love the tool box, great size.
Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post