Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Backup Camera Mounting??????
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Backup Camera Mounting??????
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I recently purchased my 1991 Barth Breakaway, 32', and have decided to put a backup camera on it. I was wondering first, where is the best place to put the monitor on the dash; and second, how should I go about running wire from the camera to the monitor (where should I run it).

Posts: 1 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 03-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
My Monarch has the monitor on the left of the steering wheel, which works well as you can easily monitor the left mirror too.
You should look on EBay at the wireless systems. Unless you're looking forward to running 40' of wire in impossible places!!
Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I just ran my cable on top of the roof till i got to where my cb antenna cable enters the coach.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Anybody using a wireless back up system in their rig. I worry about the distance from the back to front. My unit is acting up and only B&W with no night vision. If I could use the existing wires it would be easy.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
I too wanted to go wireless on a backup camera, but was worried if the metal construction of the Barth would interfere with the signal.

Would be great to hear if others have done so successfully.

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Intec will sell a replacement camera for $305 a CVC111 I have a CVC112 which has a wider field of view. They also sell a new color system for $703 and adapters that allow me to use the existing wire and cable. I think the color replacement would be about $800 total. Using the existing cables is a great deal as far as I can see.

Anybody change out their camera and use the existing cables from an older unit?

The sellers of the RV units claim that their cameras are industrial grade and will last for years but the Auto units will not?

Prices seem to be between $400 and $1700 for "better" systems and $100 to $250 for the Amazon.com stuff.

I am still looking for a used or repaired camera before I go for the $800.

Tom

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I bought a Pioneer AV System with a color rear view camera (it has a built in video screen 7") and the camera only needs two wires instead of the 4 the old B&W Sony had. I used two of the four and spliced the camera connections to them, then installed a toggle switch that feeds 12v to the blue reverse wire (that is intended to switch the camera on when in reverse only) so I can have the radio or cd/dvd on and switch the camera on to use it as a rear view. The camera will come on and stay on without turning off the radio and it has worked well. The entire swap was a new system on Ebay (Pioneer p-6000dvd) for under $500.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Call the folks at RV Cams in Baton Rouge. 877-378-2267 They have experience and just about everything to make mix n match systems work. Great prices too! Tell them Billy T sent ya!

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.