Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Hail=Time to Replace the Penguin?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hail=Time to Replace the Penguin?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
60 MPH winds rain and enough Hail to shred my trees and shrubs. Looks like some one patterned a shotgun on the top of my Penguin Air Conditioners. I believe I will be replacing at least one Penguin.

Thanks to Billy T for showing me his Atwood at the 50th in Milford. I had to go up on my roof with the leaf blower to see if there was any damage because there was a layer of leaves that seems to have protected most other things like the solar panels.

Also seems to have protected my shingles on the house. I will have to look for other damage in the light later.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Possibly a new cover and a fin comb/straightener rather than a new unit? Or if insurance handles it, a new unit. Best wishes,
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
When I had my plane tied down outside I used to squirm every time we had severe weather. It got 1/4" hail once without damage but I wouldn't want anything bigger. (Then again, the worst damage was when it was INSIDE the hangar, hit by a tornado...you never know) ROTFLMAO

Sounds like a good time to test your insurance coverage. Good luck.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post