Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1973 C Class awning
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi y’all! My husband and I purchased a 1973 C class last fall. We recently opened the awning for the first time and it’s sad to say it’s in bad shape. Lots of broken/rusted pieces. I’ll send photos soon to show exactly what’s broken. Anyway, does anyone know what brand of awning was used on the C class? Every photo I have found of a C class shows the same awning. I’ve reached new awnings but we want to keep her looking as original as possible. If parts aren’t available does anyone have recommendations on a silver 12’ awning? The last thing we wanna do is put a brand new shiny white one on. Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: Signal Mountain, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s the only photo I have of the awning right now.

Posts: 4 | Location: Signal Mountain, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
That's a really good lookin' Barth. How 'bout some pics? We love pics, especially while in quarantine. Frowner

Hum

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
I think that the Class Cs were not equipped with an awning, originally. Publicity photos (see below) don't show them installed. It could be that they were/are all after-market additions. My own C has a small, very primitive awning (see avatar) with poles that fold up inside the awning case.

c

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Champagne awning Hale Yeah.
We also only have a primitive awning with poles that roll up into the awning case on our 1975 Class C.
We need some glow in the dark ropes and pegs Smiler

Posts: 1 | Location: Alberta | Member Since: 01-13-2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site. Another Class C, the rarest of the rare Barths! We. have a few owners here on the site that may be able to help you. Don't hesitate to ask questions, we will help if we can. Thumbs Up

Good luck with your coach.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jellybean:
We also only have a primitive awning with poles that roll up into the awning case on our 1975 Class C.

Sounds alot like ours, which is pretty small (see avatar).

Jellybean, could you post a photo or two of your Class C? Would love to see it. A rare bird.

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post