Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Seats with integrated belts
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Greetings all: My 77 Class C will have a lap belt only, there are many vehicles with the shoulder belts built in: extended cab pickups, some Chrysler converts etc. Have any of you replaced your front buckets with other buckets that have built in belts, if so what was the vehicle the seat came from, and any issues?

Thanks Chuck
1977 Class C

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Our 93 Regency has only lapbelts and they are bolted to the seat frame that's bolted to the floor. Just ordinary universal belts. With a 10KVA generator up front and 28,000 lbs GVWR I don't worry about a 4,000 lb car or pickup killing us. Sort of like a tank versus a Beetle.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted Hide Post
I am trying to set up proper seating for my three childen in my newly purchased 89 32' pusher. Started looking at company's that make seating for public transportation.
Freedman seating has driver and passenger seating with integrated 3 point restraints
They also have seating with built inn child restraints.all seats are built to order with your choice of fabric.

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, my class c only weighs 10,300 so I could use all the help I can get. There are some really nice seats out there from GM, Ford, and the Chrysler Sebring. Just a fyi, a guy sells handicapped van take outs from a Toyota Seneca on ebay, they recline and have a moveable foot rest, and built in harness, they are way cool.

Chuckd
Barth Classic Class C (CCC)

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I don't follow my own advice, while cruising salvage yards came across a pair of Acura Vigor bucket seats, that look pristine - we will see. I will try to get shoulder belts attached some how. Lap belts work some what, but are a source of internal injuries in a crash, and head injuries when your head comes to a sudden stop on the dash or steering wheel. Shoulder belts are the safest.

Chuckd
1977 Class C

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am a firm believer in belts and airbags in smaller vehicles. I would be dead without them. See "My Lucky Day?"

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...293963367#3293963367

I definitely killed that Ranger pickup, crawled out with minor scrapes. confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post