Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

First upgrade done today
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Den and Lisa
posted
Wasn't much but did get our front TV changed out to a slim flat screen TV. Hung over original spot and extends out to clear for storage doors access.

Posts: 34 | Location: Knoxville TN | Member Since: 09-07-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Den and Lisa
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34 | Location: Knoxville TN | Member Since: 09-07-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Cool! Nice job mechanic

When I got my coach it had a small analog TV mounted on a shelf. One of the first things I did was remove it.

Interesting… your front cabinet doors are a bit wider than mine. I had more room between the doors so I mounted the TV between them. hmm

I installed the TV, sitting on the shelf and attached flush to the wall. It has survived over 40,000 miles in the last 5 years.

I am interested to see if the articulating mounts will hold up to road vibrations, etc. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Den and Lisa
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm going to put a strap on the mount that will hold it tight when stored. I wanted to keep access to the storage compartments. We have our dvd player in one.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Den and Lisa:
Thanks! I'm going to put a strap on the mount that will hold it tight when stored. I wanted to keep access to the storage compartments. We have our dvd player in one.

I don't blame you. Liz shopped around a while to find a TV that just fit between our doors. They still open. Your doors are closer together. That mounting looks stout, should be OK. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Nice Job!
I been toying with the idea of making a mount that folds up to the ceiling when not in use. hmm

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Nice. I was a bit worried about putting it there so instead opted to put a folding bracket under the kitchen cabinet. Will snap a picture. The bracket is pretty sturdy although vibration does concern me a bit. Hope to put a small one in our bedroom. Was thinking of a near flush mount. Only problem is our t-stat is in the way. Now I need to figure out how I'm gonna wire it for cable.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post