Tools
Reply To This Topic

P32 Suspension Upgrade
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
After much study of the "P30 Alignment Guide", I checked on some basic measurements, particularly ride height and frame angle. It was apparent the '85 Regal needed help. The front springs with airbags inflated to their maximum, were so worn out that the front ride height was nearly 3" too low. They were replaced by Super Steer springs,no air bags, designed for GAWR of 5000#/5300#. Air Lift advised new airbags would not solve the problem. New Bilstein shocks were also installed as well as a Bilstein steering damper. The drivers side bell crank was replaced with a Super Steer bell crank. The drivers side idler arm was replaced with a heavy duty, adjustable idler arm made by Henderson, who owns Super Steer. The rear air bags were inflated to 60# and the whole result was a perfectly level frame. All 6 tires were balanced. Over a pound of weight was removed from each of the front wheels. Two ounces was all that was needed to provide a smooth balance.
The result--unbelievable!! It tracks like on rails, has good road feel, and can be steered with one finger. The whole thing was pretty expensive, but I'm ready to go anywhere now.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed!

You guys are really making this puupy into a show piece.

Carl

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post