Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Can't see my Gauges
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
How many Barth owners have the same problem I have with the placement of their gauges?

Note the two auto meter gauges I replaced already.I find them much easier to read at a quick glance.

So I decided to upgrade them all,I just ordered all the replacements.

This is going to be a interesting project, as you can see I will have to play around to get the best placement.

Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Dave, look at Ed's redo, I have seen his and looks like factory new. Ed is very talented on things like this.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...711054033#6711054033

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Dave, look at Ed's redo, I have seen his and looks like factory new. Ed is very talented on things like this.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...711054033#6711054033

Yes, Ed's is as it should have been in the first place. With a few vehicles, I have had to choose between a comfortable wheel tilt OR a view of the instruments.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Wow thanks to all for the informative feedback, a lot of good suggestions .

Ed's dash came out very well, in fact after seeing his post I think I will try and locate new switches like his with the lighted icons,instead of adding indicator lights, it will save me valuble space.

I'll keep all updated on my progress.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bookmobile
posted Hide Post
I have discovered that the sheet metal under the dash vinyl (the shelf over the front of the engine) is rusted through in some places. I noticed this when looking at how wires were routed over the radiator and fans. I hope to replace it with a big sheet of aluminum. This will mean entirely removing the dash and gauges, which I find rather ugly on my '86 regal. So, I get to design from scratch a dashboard! Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Neal

Posts: 13 | Location: Handy, Indiana | Member Since: 08-26-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Click

https://youtu.be/pGoY7akWmsY

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post