Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sunray Fluorescent Lights
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of Scott W
posted
Just upgraded all our sunrays with led strips.
Sure made a big difference.

1993 Breakaway XL 36'
250 hp 8.3 Cummins
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 13 | Location: Cedar Bluff Al | Member Since: 05-20-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Which stips did you install?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott W
posted Hide Post
I ordered the strips from Dan Brown at Led4rv.
I gutted the ballast so i had more room to put in
longer strips. Had him make me 300mm length for
the 12" and 400mm for the 18". i wish that i had
450mm for the 18". I got the warm white that was
a good choice. They do look nice more lite with
less power.

Edited by Rusty to provide link

1993 Breakaway XL 36'
250 hp 8.3 Cummins
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 13 | Location: Cedar Bluff Al | Member Since: 05-20-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at the Sunray overhead lights in our, new to us, coach and was trying to figure out how to remove the cover to replace bulbs. Confused What is the secret to getting the cover off? Now that you have enlightened me as to how to outfit them with LEDs I think I'll go that route. Thumbs Up

Mike

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott W
posted Hide Post
Gently push in on the side of lens and pull down

1993 Breakaway XL 36'
250 hp 8.3 Cummins
Spartan Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Nice upgrade Scott, thanks for the link.

They have a standard replacement 250mm strip for the 12 inch lights but it sounds like you special ordered yours. Do you think the 250mm standard would be enough light?

I would like to start with replacing two of my flourescent lights with the LED's. My front Floresent ballast creates interference with my TV, and also change the one in the bedroom. Got to love LED's!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott W
posted Hide Post
If you mount the leds on the reflector the 250mm are fine. But I gutted the reflector and the ballast. That gave me the room to install a 300mm strip. I drilled 2 holes in the end of fixture to run the led leads out. Dan Brown at led4rv.com can make any lenght you want. The warm white is the way to go.

1993 Breakaway XL 36'
250 hp 8.3 Cummins
Spartan Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I just ordered 6 of the standard 250mm strips (warm white), can't wait to get them installed. Especially the under cabinet light above our dinette, my wife hates the flouresent light and that one I'm going to split the LED strips with a 3-way swith so I can have one or both strips on.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scott W
posted Hide Post
You will like the results, also you will have plenty of light. I had cool white tubes in my lite. The warm white are better on the eyes. Very easy DIY upgrade.

1993 Breakaway XL 36'
250 hp 8.3 Cummins
Spartan Chassis