Tools
Reply To This Topic

A case of Function following Form
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
I previously posted the addition of the smoked headlights. Only problem is...they're smoked...and harder to see at night. Because they look so great, I decided to add more light in an auxiliary way. Here are my new driving lights, four of them.

There were two empty plates in the switch area, by carefully cutting and trimming, I was able to mount the switches that came with the lights right into them. The two red ones.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Corey,

Just a little heads up on the smoked headlights and the four aux. lights.
Smoked headlights(or lenses or headlight covers) are illegal to use for night driving in Florida as while as some other states. This is an easy ticket for State troopers, DOT officers and local officers. I speak from experience.
The addition of the four extra lights for driving would also allow for a ticket in Florida. Fl. law states in addition to your headlights you may not have more than two fog lights on or two driving lights on but not both the driving and fog lights together.

Just passing this along to help you out. In the know is always good.

Jim Smiler

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Thanks for that advice!

I'm not sure if a trooper could tell the headlights are smoked, it's fairly mild. Additionally, I put the driving lights on seperate switches, so I'll take your advice and only use two at a time in Fl.

Guess I better bone up on other state laws too!

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post