Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Skylight
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I'm currently removing a broken fan/vent in my Barth and considering replacing with a skylight inside. My question to knowledgeable users, is it possible to remove/ cut any of the shorter alumunim roof brackets to allow for a larger skylight. If I do so would I need to move them to compensate?

Posts: 27 | Location: Austin | Member Since: 01-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning;

While a skylight does provide some illumination, the ability of the fan to also remove vapor laden air from inside will also help prevent condensation, mildew, and some other things. I like fans, and I have also added a short cylindrical sleeve around the fan blades and a transparent plastic panel to prevent reverse airflow back around the fan. It helps to improve the efficiency of the fan system.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington

Posts: 48 | Location: Latté Land, Washington  | Member Since: 12-03-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Your modification sounds interesting.
Do you have any pictures?
Thanks

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered them yesterday....I will post once I get them install, might be a few weeks!

Posts: 27 | Location: Austin | Member Since: 01-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
This does sound like an interesting upgrade/modification. ?? Are you able to drop the ceiling panel to see how the framing is built for the fan opening?? IMHO, I think that would be the way to judge what you may need to do to maintain structural integrity. I have yet to own a motor coach but having owned a couple of pull behinds over the years. I came to understand the importance of the ceiling fan. FWIW. Like to see pics. also.
Much luck with your project and please keep us posted. Thanks.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was one of my big worries too. Due to a few leaks I ended up having to gut the top half (cabinets, ceiling panels etc) Plus side, it gave me the opportunity to plan everything out. Might be a few more weeks before I get pics up...contacted the company today and they don't ship till the beginning of May. I'll keep everyone up-to-date!