Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Hello All, Again -Progress?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hello All, Again -Progress?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of KD8PHD
posted
Well ready or not, the 73’ and I are hitting the road in three weeks. And as it stand or not will be the more likely case. Before it is road worthy I would like to put on new exhaust and new front air bags in the air ride. As for the the interior progress. I have been focusing on the bathroom as of late. I have decided to go with a bar faucet that has a pull out sprayer. I intend to use this for my shower. I have been reminded many times by my uncle who has undertaken this project that this will not fly. My response is that it will work for me so everyone else can..... (choose your own ending here.) I found a product that is a poly vinyl sheet good material. I decided to use this to replace the bathroom ceiling. I found the result to be very favorable. I adhered it to the cross members with 3M 90 and then use a vinyl rivet. It worked very well and will have photos up soon enough. I used a melamine covered board for the rest of the bathroom walls. This product looks great but is a bear to get into place. I was able to get some nice corian for the vanity, the color is cement and matches my recycled tile perfectly. I made a frame for the skylight or super dome as the pop sci article calls it. The frame came apart when removing from my personal vehicle, but will re assemble all the same. The next couple things to tackle will be a few more pieces of tile to place. Getting the new upholstery scotch guarded. And hanging all the art I have bought specifically for the Barth.

Other then that I am getting down to the nitty gritty as far as I am concerned for the camp season. The hope is to do a christening at a local cigar event on the 20th of this month. I will be cutting it close but hope to make that dead line, then on the road. The destination for this summer is White Oak Creek Marina. I have a site reserved. The open door policy that I have always had is extended to all-The coffee will always strong, the stereo/radio will be on and God willing a cigar left in the box. It is a nice place to camp any one looking for more info can let me know.

I am terrible with pictures so check updates at www.lormsey.com and will put the next round up in my next post.

Posts: 6 | Location: CMH | Member Since: 04-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wow - what a project - I'm impressed. For those who would like to see a few before pics.

OH: 1973 Barth - 28' Motor Home For Sale

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Will sure try to intruge on you some weekend and check the Barth out. Had a trailer at White Oak in the early 80's. spent all my tean age summers at Stait Creek. If this rain keeps comming you might need floats on the MH. For some odd reason they flood that side of the dam before they let it get Cincy. Good luck with every thing,
Doorman.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
You have done great work, looks really good! Happy camping!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post