Tools
Reply To This Topic

Poor Man's Double-Glazed Windows
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The above readings were with a breeze (10-15 mph). In still air, the space heaters can produce a 65° differential. It got to -10° last night, and the furnace cut in periodically for a couple of minutes.

I estimate this year I'll use 3 or 4 gal of LPG. Last year, with the furnace OOC for several days (control board), used about 16.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
It got to -10° last night, and the furnace cut in periodically for a couple of minutes.
And you are there voluntarily. D'oh

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Leaving tomorrow for home. Probably take a leisurely time.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
No sense hurrying Rusty. It never reached 50 in Venice today so I can only imagine Ocala's temps, and it's not supposed to get any better until at least Friday. Frowner

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
In Marion, IL; low tonight warmer than yesterday's high in NW MO.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Another source of cold inside is the stove hood vent when the wind blows. Mine has a flapper, but it is only partially effective. For arctic gales, I cover the outside grill with duct tape. A magnet-attached boxed cover is on the horizon. It will be installed and removed from ground level with my awning rod.

For an easily removable inside solution, I remove the filter mesh panel and wrap it with aluminum foil and reinstall. It is super quick to do, and blocks almost all of the cold air.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
On Reflectix, I have noticed that 24 inch and 48 inch width rolls are the most common.

Some True Value hardwares stock or can order 36 inch width material, which is the size our Barth uses.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post