Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spring Projects
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted
Now that the weather if finally changing, or at least trying to, it's time to get ready for some upgrades. Time to pull the radiator and get it cleaned or replaced. While it's out hard to reach things up front will get replaced. The smog pumps and associated plumbing as well as dash air will be removed.
I just ordered replacement clearance lights for the front so they will get replaced when I reseal the roof.
I also picked up a new 22" LCD TV so it will go in once I come up with a mounting bracket.
Any ideas for things to look for while the radiator is out will be greatly appreciated.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom. Is the rad leaking or are the fins turning green? From my understanding droping the rad isn't a small job. If I wasn't sold on "Irontite", I'd have re-cored mine years ago. Wink
Rich

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,if you are going to fix the other end from the radiator,stil have bumper for you. any one comming thru Dayton heading towards Tom that can deliver rear bumper?

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
Hey Tom,if you are going to fix the other end from the radiator,stil have bumper for you. any one comming thru Dayton heading towards Tom that can deliver rear bumper?

Doorman

I am still interested in that bumper. If we can't find a way to get it here I might just have to take a road trip and get it.

quote:
Is the rad leaking or are the fins turning green? From my understanding droping the rad isn't a small job. If I wasn't sold on "Irontite", I'd have re-cored mine years ago.

Not really a leak issue, there's no flow. Having it out of the way will give me easy access to everything up front that should probably be replaced.
Right now I'm just hoping to get some time away from work so I can get started on it.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post