Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Blender replacement
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am the new owner of a 1987 Barth that didn't come
with an important accessory, the blender! Does anyone know if that is a common item that is easy to replaced?
What good is a motorhome if it can't make a Margarita!

kenpartney@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak View, Ca. | Member Since: 09-23-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
A proper Margarita requires a proper blender. The built-in Nutone is a decent blender, but falls short of perfection in Margarita making.

1/3 cup Tequila
1/3 cup Triple Sec
3 oz Minute Maid frozen limeade concentrate
3 oz Minute Maid frozen lemonade concentrate(we thaw and mix the two and keep the blend ready in the freezer)
3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (don't even bother with Rose's or Realime)
3 cups ice cubes (this will vary slightly with the hardness of the cubes)

Blend only long enough to get desired texture. More ice makes it thicker (but weaker)if desired.

We have found the Champ HP3 blender to do the best job. It is pricey, but it can do so much. It makes better slushie drinks than anything else. A Margarita just leaps into focus once the texture of the ice is right. The proper texture can seem almost as smooth as a sherbet or gelato.

And you gotta try a Kokomo. They are actually creamy.

1/3 cup Malibu rum
1/3 cup vanilla flavored liqueur
1/3 cup Coco Lopez cream of coconut OR 1/3 cup coconut milk with 3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp squeezed key lime juice.
3 cups ice
Blend until smooth.

Heck, it even makes hot vegetable soup. Yep, it stirs and chops the veggies with such vigor that it actually heats up. And icy Mocha Frappacinos to die for.

When I upped the power in the doghouse to over 300, Susan said she was entitled to over 3 horsepower on the counter. Then, since we dry camp so much, I had to buy a way more powerful inverter. Now, the blender dims the lights and makes the CD player start over. Frowner

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The local morning radio guys found this, and it's pretty good. The blenders are 700 bucks and up but they will puree an I phone.
http://www.willitblend.com/
Whoops, just saw that the entry level home model can be had for only 400 bucks! They also have a built-in countertop model that may be a nice replacement if your coach came so equiped.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
The local morning radio guys found this, and it's pretty good. The blenders are 700 bucks and up but they will puree an I phone.
http://www.willitblend.com/

Uh-Oh...............are we starting a blender horsepower race? Gotta keep the wife from reading this. Anything newer and better for the kitchen soon becomes a must-have. She is the Tim Allen of the kitchen.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Just in time! Barb and I don't have our Barth yet but it's good to know what will drive the deal!

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
A proper Margarita requires a proper blender. The built-in Nutone is a decent blender, but falls short of perfection in Margarita making.

No doubt what bill h meant to say (Big Grin) is that his recipe's for a frozen Margarita.

The correct Margarita consists of this:

4 Parts Tequila
2 Parts Triple Sec (or Cointreau; some dilettantes insist on Gran Marnier)
Juice of one lime
1/4 tsp sugar if the limes are bitter.

Now, this is the recipe I've used for years, and I hasten to point out it's similar to Jimmy Buffet's (except he specifies his Margaritaville Mix, which haas a triple sec flavoring).

Buffet was a customer of mine for years, so I have faith he knows whereof he speaks...even though he tended to favor frozen ones...Daquiris can be frozen; frozen Margaritas are an affront to civilization. But I never turn one down...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
bill h:
"Uh-Oh...............are we starting a blender horsepower race?"
There is a blender that has a 2 stroke gaso engine attached to it

http://www.gasblender.com/

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll wait for the diesel version. BTW, why would one need a replacement for the "Unbreakable Blender Jar"?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
The Nutone blender is not made anymore but the parts and sometimes the complete system including food processing attachments are available on Ebay.

Yes I just went to EBay and searched on Nutone blender and there are even new units there.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I'll wait for the diesel version.
They have one... It's 5x heavier, 4x the price, requires a battery to start and it doesn't rev up as fast, but it will gring down a block of ice without stalling.
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
BTW, why would one need a replacement for the "Unbreakable Blender Jar"?
A poor choice of words on their part. They should have said something like... "Pick up an additional Unbreakable Blender Jar for multiple mixed drinks."

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post