Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front Clearance Lights
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/11
Picture of Morris
posted
About three years ago the sockets in the front clearance lights were corroded so I went on the net and found some inexpensive led replacements.(Someone out there is already laughing, is that you Mwrench) I went to a lot of trouble installing them since leds are supposed to last forever, ran individual grounds instead of using the attachment screws, sealed the through holes with GE silicone and soldered all connections. Two weeks ago I was checking Black Beauty over for an upcoming trip, turned on the lights, and you guessed it, only one out of five came on. I had a short step ladder handy so I stepped up and reached higher (now I think I hear Tom Johns joining in on the laughter) and pulled off one of the lenses, got a face full of nasty water. Black Beauty had been inside since a trip to Oshkosh Wisconsin late July. These lights have an o-ring seal, how can they possibly leak enough to get full of water and then seal well enough to hold that water for a month just to dump it on my head, just ain't right. To make matters worse the cheap screws that came with the lights were all corroded and I had to drill the heads off to get them out. So after removing the TV, sat receiver, DVD player and Bose radio I was able to remove the junk and install some real led lights. Now that I am done complaining I will get down to the reason for this post. I bought some Grote lights part #G4603 from Grainger, their part #2FED2 for 13.27 each. They fit the indents on the front of the Monarch perfectly and are fully potted and should never leak. I probably saved thirty dollars buying the cheap ones and it cost me the full price plus ten hours of work three years later. Happy trails for everyone, Morris

Posts: 19 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 12-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post