Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sofa Seatbelts
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted
Hi Everyone,

I’d like to install lapbelts for two seating positions on our sofa. We have an “L” shaped sofa. I’d like to have one seatbelt position immediately behind the driver and another facing forward located more inboard along the kitchen “L” cabinet.
How are the sofas generally secured and removed from the coach? Are there any sofa panels that can be removed to allow access to any mounting bolts?
Has anyone installed seatbelts (lap belts ) for their sofas or removed the carpeted ceiling panels in their storage compartments to get access to the underside of the floor?

Thanks

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have....in your coach! confusion

If you look under the section of sofa facing forward (back to the counter) that panel removes by pulling on it straight out. Under there is one seat belt set. It is bolted through the floor into the center section of the coach. That is a mysterious area that can only be accessed by climbing under the coach and finding the "hole" that you can climb up into it. I'm not kidding!

For the side sofa, you will be able to drill through into the storage area, but you better measure very carefully. You will find the furnace is right in your way too.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post