Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

CRUISE CONTROL
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
What does your cruise feel like I put mine on for a few min and it felt like it was in then out then back in .does cruise run off of the speedometer ?s I don't have have a speedometer yet I should have one this week.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/10
Picture of roman
posted Hide Post
Lenny & Judy,

My cruise control is quite smooth engaging and disengaging and very stable. For example if I push the Set/Res selector switch at say 70 mph the cruise control will increase my speed to about 73 mph then back it off to 70 within 10 to 20 seconds where it stays until conditions change requiring it to increase or decrease fuel. I'm not sure where the cruise controller gets it's set point signal from but I think I have a drawing of mine and will try and find it then let you know what it shows. I'm currently on the road to Alaska so it may be a day or two until I get to another WiFi location.

Roman

1993, 34', Regency, Widebody
300 HP Cummins
6 spd Allison, Spartan Chassis

Posts: 73 | Location: Alaska | Member Since: 03-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Lenny
I bet your speedo is not working properly and is about to fail. The cruise on ours did the same thing just before the speedo packed up on our way back from Az. last year.
Our problem is in the drive unit not the speedo head. Cleaned and repacked the drive, cleaned the contacts to the speedo feed wires and it was back to normal. It will work just like Roman says once the problem is resolved.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my speedometer is being fixed as we speak.It did go south from the time we bought it.now the dealer is fixing it today I HOPE.

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/10
Picture of roman
posted Hide Post
Lenny & Judy,

My cruise control is a Bendix system according to the documentation in the chassis manual. The speed sensor is located on the engine bellhousing (right side looking forward, I think). It appears to be a magnetic pickup. A loose sensor and/or excessive gap between sensor and target are a few things to check along with air leaks as the actual throttle control is pneumatic. Good luck.

Roman

1993, 34', Regency, Widebody
300 HP Cummins
6 spd Allison, Spartan Chassis

Posts: 73 | Location: Alaska | Member Since: 03-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the speedometer working now I cant set speed turn it onand speed keeps increasing past set mark don't want to go 80 miles a hour again.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
Lenny and Judy,
My cruise control is acting -exactly- the same way. I called a guy in Dallas TX, apparently he has the only shop in the US that actually repairs the Bendix electronic modules. His name is Larry at 214-357-2682. I described these exact symptoms and he said that one of the air pressure sensors is not reading correctly and is essentially therefore out of calibration. So the cruise control no longer has a good base reference point so that when you (and I) set the cruise, it is confused by it's bad reference point and starts heading up in speed to try and find what it thinks it needs to be delivering in terms of fuel from this bad base reference point. He said in all likelihood my electronic module was OK and that corrosion/resistance on the air sensor-switch is likely the problem. He said that he sprays WD40 into the connectors and this solves such problems as manifested by our symptoms.
My problem is, as posted today on a separate thread: my mech and I could not locate the two air sensing switches from the cruise control unit. If anyone know where it might be on my vintage Regency it would be a great help.
Thanks

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do you have the prints for the cruise control?If not I will send you a copy.thanks for the info.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B