Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway Backsplash
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Scubique
posted
Hi all,

The original oddly placed mirror above the kitchen counters was in fairly bad shape on the 93 Breakaway that we recently purchased so I decided to pull it and install a subway tile back splash instead. It is not yet complete as the picture below will show. Thoughts?

I had to take down the shades around the small window in the kitchen and the change in available light was pretty shocking with it down. I may decide on a different solution than putting it back up. I am wide open to suggestions.

Posts: 35 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Original post has locked me out so here is an image of the backsplash as it stands right now. I will send a final picture when it is complete.

Posts: 35 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Well that brightens things up! Good Job...

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 373 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looking good! When I did the metallic tile backsplash I removed the curtain rod holders, and Suzie applied a static cling crushed ice to the 2 small panes. It lets in plenty of light but obscures the glass so you can't see in. [or out].
You can see it in the last pic in my kitchen remodel post in Pix of my Barth.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Please contact Kevin to use Photobucket for the image. Spca here is limited.

BTW, your current image is so large it's unusable.

I'll leave it up a couple more days so you;ll have time to use PB.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Scot, please refer to the photo Posting Procedure in pictures of my Barth. If the link here is not working it is also listed in the community announcements page. Your folder is 3810. I reported this number to you in a text. It is the sequential build number of the Barth you now own.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post