Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Transmission upgrade
 Login now/Join our community

1st month member
posted Hide Post
Here's a webpage with all of the specs for the Allison 2000/2400 (located at the bottom)
http://media.gm.com/division/2004_prodinfo/powertrain/automatic/index.html

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine is almost ready to go. i still have fluid leakds. after a great deal of trying i have decided that the fittings i bought from blue bird to go in the cooler manifold of the trans will not seal and will always leak so this morning i ordered new fittings from an auto parts store that builds hydraulic hoses. those should be in tomorrow and i will be able to drive mine as soon as i get the hoses hooked up to the transmission cooler. i have a temp probe i am going to hook install in the "to cooler" hose to monitor the temp until i am satisfied that my warning lights are operating properly.
dave diamond

i have the opposite problem with my warning lights. i cannot get either of my lights to work. wrestled with that all day.

Posts: 12 | Location: retired navy, lived almost everywhere. currently New Orleans | Member Since: 01-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We struggled with leaks at the cooling hoses but finally replaced the fittings in the trans itself with 5/8 males which hooked up to our old hoses.

Finally got the check trans light to go out. The problem was the TPS. At no throttle the voltage back to the TCM needs to be at least .54 vdc. Anything less will light the check tran light. We then reset the error codes and no more errors.

As for no lights make sure they are in the right pins in J1. Ted had sent them to me one pin off.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gary, I think my new fittings have cured my leaks and i finally found out the the LEDs that i was trying to use as trouble lights were defective. they would only light about 10% of the time when i hooked them directly to a known good ground and 12 volts. picked up a couple of indicator lights at an auto parts store that work. not as sexy as the little teeny ones but with me function trumps form. Now the red one self-tests and goes off and comes back on a few seconds later and stays on. the orange one (range limiting) still doesn't self-test so i suspect that it is not in the right place. do you have a drawing of the pinouts for J1? if so, i would appreciate if you could email it to me.
Dave diamond

I have tried to drive out of the neighborhood a couple of times and from a cold start it seems to shift fine but after about a mile it begins to limp around with 3rd gear only. I have a temp gauge installed and it has not gone above 200. ted is going to loan me his diagnostic tool to find out what codes are being thrown and help me get out of the limp mode.

Posts: 12 | Location: retired navy, lived almost everywhere. currently New Orleans | Member Since: 01-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
A common mistake that many people make is that ALL LED configurations will require a resistor in series with them.

If they are indicator lamp replacements, typically these are units with LEDS that will go right in a socket ment for a lamp, then the resistor is probably added inside by the manufacturer, if it is just a 2 leaded LED the a resistor to limit the current MUST be added.

For most applications using 1 LED, a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor will work for 12-14VDC use, if you need a bit more light, you could use a 560 ohm 1/2 watt resistor.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes these LEDs supposedly had the integral 560 ohm resisters but they were made in China so who knows.

posted Hide Post
I know this is real old but I'm getting ready to do an Allison 2000 swap on my 84 Regency. Any more advice from the people that have made the swap?

Posts: 7 | Location: cincinnati | Member Since: 09-08-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
https://atlanticdda.com/wp-con...18/02/3-SA3748EN.pdf

Link to some Allison information . I'm leaning towards the 2500 or 2550 . The 2500 and 2550 have gear ratios very close to the 3000 series . I'll be doing more research on the shifter to see if you can use a cable shifter with them .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post