Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Trailers for Our Toys
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Lee I found out that the brothers house was the police chiefs at one time It is south end of town on three acres. with pond stream and a great corr steel barn. He has had it for sale for several years I was thinking of buying it let the kids use the house and I would use the barn for the Barth Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Sure...know the house!...owned/built by Carver "Perk" Perkins in the '60's. His wife was my 3rd grade teacher. Perk was Chief of a 1-1/2 man police department....a 5'4", 250lb Barney Fife type, but also a very talented gunsmith. As kids, we'd put in & tube the creek from back of their house. He was my first brush with the law...caught me driving at 13. Said I had to bring ALL my grades up by at least a half grade or he'd tell my parents and he'd "send me to jail"....I did, my parents never found out, and it was another 10 years before.......Well, that's the whole different story Ooops......Small world!.....

Geeeeze, talk about thread drift....... Sorry

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Ya the Difters were a greart group. ROTFLMAO

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post