Tools
Reply To This Topic

Roof work
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
bill, it just says acrylic elastomeric roof coating. 60 bucks a 5, but it goes a long way and seems to stick and seal fine. We shall see.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Rolled on the second coat this afternoon. Sirprised how the first coat had faded-bled, but it sure looks shiny white now. I'll check it tomorrow before I remove the blue tape, and take another pic or 2.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just a little touch-up to do by the ladder. Very happy with the results, now to see how it holds up. It's very slippery when even a little wet, so I'm thinking about re-coating the rear section with some no-slip sand in it.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Great job Danny!!!
Why did you choose that brand and type of coating? Barth 1 needs to have the roof re-coated (I was going to do that before next years ventures, but sold her first) and I have told the new owner that we will find the best and most cost effective way of accomplishing that. You might have a winner there....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
Danny, You did a beautiful job on your roof. Did pressure washing knock off all the loose stuff? What did you use to reseal your ladder and antenna, horn etc? Did you do that first? We need to do this in the spring.

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post