Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Family Truckster
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Nice work Harold! Thumbs Up java Cheers! You have been busy.
Do the refrigerator doors stay closed on curvy, bumpy roads?
Let us know how the strain on the house battery goes with the refrigerator in operation on the highway.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Nope....lol.
Does fine until you hit rough roads . We are going to build a latch system for it before our next trip . On the last trip we used an adjustable curtain rod to keep it closed . The freezer has not been a problem , but we are going to build a latch that keeps them both secure .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The alternator has no problem powering the inverter while running the engine . It runs the refrigerator , cellular internet , tv and outlets to charge the phones and whatnot .
I plan to upgrade the house batteries to commercial batteries for floor sweepers or scissor lifts . Probably will get two 390 amp hour 6 volt batteries. Should have no problem dry camping for a few days . We are also going to buy a small inverter generator to recharge the batteries when needed . I am removing the Dometic Kilowatt 7500 watt propane generator . The inverter generator will be capable of running one air conditioner with the Microair Easystarts installed along with the refrigerator and battery charger . I may add extra batteries up front if there is enough room after changing the generator out .
Eventually , we plan to get a 12volt compressor refrigerator with low amp draw . Between the generator and solar , we should be able to dry camp easily . We don't normally dry camp when the weather is too hot .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
Man. I've got to get on it. You are leaving me in the dust! Majorly jealous of the HF antenna mount and the fact that you have a Breakaway which has that nifty little "ham desk" console. I need that kinda space in my Regal.... ROTFLMAO
I've acquired a nice little Icom 736 in gorgeous condition just for the coach, but It's just a tad big for the space I have available. I really don't wanna go with a "mobile" rig, I prefer a full featured base to use.

I'm considering saying to heck with the fact the Regal is already winterized, and use it next weekend and just re-winterize it. Big Grin

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well you know Firemen have more free time than the Po-Po.... Hide

There are still plenty of upgrades we have in mind for the coach . It's been performing great and is a joy to drive and travel in Tooling Along . The coach gets attention everywhere we go , just like the Jeep Cool

When you get your radio station back up and running , you can catch me most mornings on 3.948.0 Mechanic

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

posted Hide Post
Today we built shelves for additional storage in the bedroom closet . Smiler Also repaired the passenger side windshield wiper linkage that had come off . Mechanic

Getting ready for a trip next week . Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Are you coming west?

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to a Wanderlodge rally in Vidalia Louisiana next week. It's only 200 miles from me.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harold,Cat&Sam:
Going to a Wanderlodge rally in Vidalia Louisiana next week. It's only 200 miles from me.

Looking forward to meeting you Harold. We will be there Sunday till Sunday. We were the only one at the Blue Moon Rally at Marvin and Doris’s. People just kept dropping out because of the cold. We were committed and on the way so we got to spend a couple days with them. At our home base in Maurice currently.

See you soon!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal Smiler
Looking forward to meeting ya'll .
We will be there Sunday to Sunday Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harold,Cat&Sam:
That's getting awful close to heaven. All the 25c raw oysters you can eat. God's own recipe for gumbo. I'm jealous. We do try to make it to Beaux Bridge for the crawfish festival when we can.

Nick (a coonass at heart)

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
All the 25c raw oysters you can eat. God's own recipe for gumbo.

Nick (a coonass at heart)

Nick I heard Oysters were up so we will have to see. We have been eating good. Gumbo, crawfish Etoufee, deep fried pork chops, Cajun sausage, boudin about every other day. Planning a crawfish boil soon.

Coonass/Pollock by birth! Thumbs Up

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We added a refrigerator lock by using a small bungee cord and a ball from a compartment door shock Click . Inserted the ball into the existing hole for the reversible door Mechanic . Working great so far Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

posted Hide Post
Two Barth's were in a flock of Birds at the Love Birds Rally in Vidalia Louisiana Hide . Ours was up front with Dana and Lynn's hiding on the back row Cool . It was nice to meet Dana , Lynn and Flicka . We had a great time. We had to leave early due to a friend in need Superman .Looking forward to next year. Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

posted Hide Post
The coach has been doing great . The last trip was a little over 500 miles round trip . Upgrading the closet in the bedroom really made good use of that space . Our stay in Arkansas was cold . Temperatures stayed around freezing the first three days. For heat we used two small electric heaters. One was on high at 1500 watts the second one was on low probably around 1000 watts . Surprisingly , the coach stayed pretty warm . It was cloudy and rainy most of the time, so I would say they did a good job. While driving Tooling Along , we only used the dash heat which kept us comfortable. Looking forward to the warmer weather Smiler.

As the weather gets better , we'll get back to doing some upgrades . Planning to go to larger deep cycle batteries and changing the generator to a smaller portable inverter generator Click . We don't require a large amount of power , our air conditioners will kick on and run with less than 2000 watts . The refrigerator only needs around 240 watts to run and probably up to 700 watts to kick on . Battery charger will pull less than 1000 watts running at full charge and we won't need it while running down the road. We try to travel in the mornings when it is cool and not run the ac when possible. Looking forward to having a nice quiet clean burning generator Smiler. When we travel , we nearly always have the car hauler . We are going to build Mechanic a small garage on the front of the trailer and the generator will be locked inside the garage . The generator is operated wirelessly so starting and stopping it should be easy. When not pulling the trailer , it will be locked inside a custom built basket on the receiver hitch. I will set up an easy access shoreline and propane line for the generator. Everything should work fine and we'll see if we like it. The current generator is stinky and noisy Eeker .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW