Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lamp Needed
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
Anybody have any idea where I might be able to pick up a G-E (or equal) 4519 sealed beam lamp for less than $45? Seems alful expensive. I sell electrical supplies, but auto/marine lamps are not available to us. That is the best price I could find (Amazon) on the internet. Found another site for $25, but they had none in stock (no wonder they were half everyone else's price). This is the lamp for the rear docking lights.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sale Price: $6.95

Min Order is 7.99 so you'll have to order more than one.

Norman Lamps, Inc.
P.O. Box 3550
1775 Wallace Ave.
St. Charles, IL 60174
800-992-8020

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Try this... Use the search term PAR 36 LAMP or try PAR 36 BULB and check out the different types of bulbs that fit. $2.00 on up and you might need to change the terminal ends. Just make sure it states the proper voltage.
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
G-E (or equal) 4519 sealed beam lamp for less than $45?
Odd... in all of the sites I checked it states that these have an average lifespan of only 25hrs... really? confusion

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Here's what I use:

http://www.bulbamerica.com/osr...fl32-light-bulb.html

They are often sold in tractor/farm stores. Actually, any Par-36 sealed beam with a pebbled lens will do OK. Napa might be a good local source.

Malibu lights sold at Lowes or HD are decent, too. I use them for bicycle headlights.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill & Bill for your direction. At those prices I don't have a problem ordering two so I have a spare. Especially if it is only rated for 25 hours. But, then think how much you actually use it and it might last a life time...
So, one more question. Is it possible that Barth used a 100W lamp, which is what the 4519 is rated for, for the docking lights? Seems like a lot of wattage and the size of the wire feeding it isn't very robust, maybe 20-22awg?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
http://www.superbrightleds.com...=%2Ftruck_lights.htm

Another opportunity to replace incandescent bulbs.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, here is what my research has determined. There are multiple lamps that would fit this application. The 4519 lamp that was presently installed is a marine application lamp rated for 100W, 13V and 30K candela. I can also get a 4416 lamp that is rated for 30W, 12.8V and 35K candela. If I am reading correctly, the 4416 is a much more effient lamp with the same output as the 4519. Benefit---less draw on the lighting circuit (30W compared to 100W) and a longer lasting lamp (because it is more effient). Also, the 4416 will not get as hot when in use. By the way, these are incandescent lamps, not halogen. No need to concern yourself with touching the lamp with your hands while installing it. And I can get it at Tractor Supply locally!
Soooo, I think I'll order the 4416 and try it out! Anybody else replace your docking light lamps? If so, what did you use? I would still like to know what Barth (or Ring, the actual manufacturer) installed as standard.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Installed the 4416 lamp into my docking light. By the way, these are "Morse" units mounted in the rear sides of your coach, not the halogen floods mounted on the back. Tried it out once it got dark. It works, which is an accomplishment for me as I am not mechanically inclined. It's tricky to get those docking lamps out and then reinstalled. Once you remove the three bolts from behind the housing holding it in place, the housing just separates by twisting it. Normally, as mine were, these are corroded with crud so it seems the two halves will not separate. But they will with a little cleaning and lubrication. Then remove the wire leads to the lamp and the bottom half of the housing with lamp will drop into your hands. Now you have to remove the lamp from the half housing. Again, crud and age will make this seem like you are not going to be able to do this. But the lamp will separate from the housing by putting pressure on the lamp and pushing it out of the housing. Remove lamp from rubber ring. Install everything in the opposite direction of removing it. MAJOR NOTE: Make sure you mark the position of the housing in respects to the area around the docking light before you remove it. I can tell you from experience, it is a pain to try to line everything back up if you do not have these marked for realignment back into the hole. Even if you figure the paint on the docking light housing will guide you. It doesn't. A piece of tape on the docking light housing and then the body would have saved me at least a half an hour of time and it still isn't perfect....
Though it has the same "candela" (30K approx. light output) as the 4519, the 4416 is not the same. The 4416 is only 30W compared to 100W for the 4519 and I liked that fact. But the 4416 is a spot lamp and the 4519 is a flood. When trying it out I can notice a considerable difference in the way the two light beams differ (I still have a 4519 lamp in the other docking light). I believe that though the 4519 is considerably more expensive (Bill NY-I ordered the ones from Normans Lamps and they came back and said "unavailable"), I believe that if you truly want to use these you would be better off with the 4519.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen