Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Awning Part Missing, No Longer Made
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Awning Part Missing, No Longer Made
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I contacted carefree of Colorado about my fiesta awning. They said the lower section of the arm I'm looking for is no longer made. They say I need to replace one or both arms. I haven't rolled out the awning to see if the whole thing even works. I think it would look weird with one new arm in a different color and one old aluminum arm. I am wondering if I'd be better off just buying a new awning entirely. Or if anyone knows where to get old awning parts. I'm sure there's a broken awning with that part sitting somewhere ready to be junked.

Posts: 42 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Member Since: 04-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Send me a picture of what you need, We replace awnings a lot and throw away a lot of good parts, Maybe I can Retrieve What You Need!!!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be great! The pictures in the first post are of both arms. One has the missing lower section. It's the one without the red bungee cord.

Posts: 42 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Member Since: 04-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I will keep an eye for one for you!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
posted Hide Post
Did you ever find the awning parts you need??

Posts: 38 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 01-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not. I've scoured eBay. If I don't find it soon I guess I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new awning. They are surprisingly pricey.

Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I am still looking @ Work for you a part I talked to our guy who changes most of the awnings to get me one. Can you e-mail me a picture to rpugh@trailerseast.com, That is my e-mail@ work, Thanks Richard

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

posted Hide Post
Hi Matt, I have an inner leg off a Carefree Sunfree. Same size as the Fiesta and will work. The difference is it has vertical mold lines up and down the leg where yours is smooth. Also, the bottom foot has a bolt instead of a pin. We are asking $35.00 plus shipping. We also have a brand new set of Fiesta arms in satin for $250.00. Thanks Loren. West Coast RV Recycling in Washington state.

Posts: 38 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 01-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went out and did some more digging. I have an exact match for you. It is in good condition. Let me know. Thanks

posted Hide Post
Awesome. I bought it from someone who said a bunch of hippies were intending to take it to Oregon and the part supposedly fell off going down the road and the driver just left it ... nice.

But there is a rusty wire tied to the clip on the body you can see in the picture earlier in this discussion. I wonder if that clip is bad in some way. Hopefully the bad part they had wired on is part of the part you're sending me. Does that part include the black base? The metal clip?

I'll send you my phone and email via private message so I don't get spammed by bots.

posted Hide Post
Sounds good.