Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Docking Lights to LED
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted
Hello all. Backing at night is a PIA. Can't see what is to the sides. If I'm using my driver's side mirror I am looking through at least one tinted double piece of glass. If I want to hear my wife when I've driven onto her foot I have to have the sliding window open - so looking through two tinted double pane windows. Admittedly the music is usually playing.

So, I would like to replace my docking incandescent light bulbs with the brightest LED bulbs available. Pictured below is my present set up:

It appears the bulbs are 4" rounds - the same type of bulb found on many flush mounted truck applications (held in with a rubber grommet). The bulbs are set in a "ball" that can be removed by removing the retaining ring on the back side. I pulled-up when I would have had to pry open a seam on the "ball" to get to the bulb.

Has anyone had to replace this type of bulb? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And they don't make steel toed high heels.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
steel toed high heels.

WEARING THIS??
https://www.amazon.com/onlymak...Steel+Toe+High+Heels

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
flush mounted truck applications (held in with a rubber grommet). The bulbs are set in a "ball"

or adapt these... https://www.amazon.com/4-round...ed%20backup%20lights

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug. A few down on that page is a pair of 24LED bulbs with great reviews that I had planned on using. I was hoping they would be a simple plug and play installation. I want to be certain I can remove the original bulbs easily before ordering new bulbs.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post