Reply To This Topic

Monarch insulation
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Driver side is also done, top and bottom

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Almost done with the bedroom insulation project. Now that the new metal patch is in, I can finish the top corner.

Next comes the luan panel on the back wall, new laminate over that and a final install on my new window. New laminate on side walls and I can reinstall the cabinets. Should be done soon!

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got the foam in all the cracks, then I installed the luan with stainless screws. I glued the laminate on top and did the final install on the window. From the outside it almost looks OEM.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Inside, the insulation is done, but I still have to cover the side panels and replace the cabinets.

It has been down near freezing at night lately. I have identical heaters in the front and rear of the coach. Lately it seems warmer in the back. It will be interesting to see how the AC works in Florida heat.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Looks really nice Thumbs Up

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
As with all of your work very professional!!!

So, your campground in Florida will be open and usable??? Did your car survive the storm too?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2054 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Campground is open. They lost water for a day, sewer for three days and power was back on the 7th day. No flooding in our park, mostly wind damage to carports and screen room. Lots of junk everywhere.

The car got hit by something, just above the driver side rear door, put a small dent in the roof. No other damage.

We will winterize the coach (drive to Florida) on October 21. We will help clean up the park for a couple days, then drive the car home until December.

I need to get the walls done and the coach is mostly ready. I will change the oil before we leave but almost everything else is good to go.

Have Barth, will travel... soon! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Got the passenger side done. New Formica laminate to cover the wall panel. Got the bedside cabinet back in.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Same for the driver side.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Almost done! Finally got the cabinets back in. I still have to install the light fixtures, window shades and the corner covers for the wiring.

Other than the new window it doesn't look much different. With the temps in the 30's the last week, it has been noticably warmer back there. The bedroom is now completely insulated, top to bottom, all around.

(In addition to the cost of the window) I used 2 sheets of 1 inch styrofoam, about 3 cubic feet of perlite, 5 cans of Great Stuff foam, one sheet of 1/4 luan, 3 sheets of Formica laminate, about 3 gallons of adhesive and around 150 small stainless screws.

I am interested to see how the coach handles the Florida heat.

This was the last big insulation project planned. The roof is done, bathroom wall and one living room wall. I would also like to put some more in above the windshield. If I expose other areas I will do them as well.

A big job, now mostly done. Now to enjoy the benefits! Tooling Along

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Finished in the nick of time, still planning to leave for Florida next week?? Looks fantastic and bet you use a lot less A/C this winter in Florida.

Did you get a few inches of snow in the last few days??

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2054 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is snowing here right now. Nothing on the ground yet... head bang
It is time to "winterize" the coach. Getting cold and gray all the time.

We are leaving Friday morning. Stops near Cincinnati Fri night, Chattanooga Sat night, Georgia/Florida line Sun night. Arrive at Oakhaven Monday midday. Sunny and warm there, albeit a bit trashed. We will stay a few days to help our neighbors, then return in the car until mid December.

Have Barth, will travel (soon!) Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Today marks the first temperature drop down here, but 50s and 70s probably sounds pretty good to you. You'll see some storm damage but the worst of it is to the south. Let's get together for a cold one during your short stay.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
52 F. 0730 10/19/2022 Floral City
flannel shirt day

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
..aaanndd.... 10/20/2022 0730 42 F.
welcome to the Sunny South!
...waiting for you, VanderWinter

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post