Tools
Reply To This Topic

AC condenser fan
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted
Houston we have a Problem !

Yesterday the coach started making this horrible noise . Turned out to be the condenser fan had come apart on the AC unit . Only two of the six blades were still attached to the fan . These Dometic air conditioners were installed in 2013 , so I wouldn't really consider that too old . I guess they might need to be changed out when the tires age out .

Anyhow , new condenser fans are ordered for both units

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
While I guess I shouldn't consider fan failure at ten years to be a defective part, I am disappointed with the failure rates of newer appliances, especially Dometic. At least some parts are available.

Dometic has tended to quit supporting many of their older models. Hard to find refrigerator parts for many models now. At least some circuit boards are being offered by Dinosaur and are better than OEM.

Good luck keeping our dinosaurs going! Thumbs Up Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post