Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

new cb
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
just put in a new cb. cobra 75sx wt now I can see what chanel am I on. the old hand held had no numbers that that you could understand the top half of the numbers weren't working never new what Chanel I was on. also order a new rocker and foot stool for the Barth we should have it before we go to Washington.now I have a question on the front seats does anybody know where WE can get some used seats driver and passenger for our barth?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks lee
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
You might also check eBay and local sources like Craigslist. RV seats often show up there.

At least one Barthmobiler has replaced the driver and passenger seats with SUV or truck seats that have built-in shoulder harnesses. It seemed to work out pretty well, as I recall. Do a site search. I will probably go that way when I replace our seats.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I replaced the drivers seat with a seat from a BMW M5, I didn't like the "lounge chair" feeling while driving. I would always be sliding around in the old chair. The BMW seat has electric full adjustments but I had to make some adapter rails to mate it with the RV swivel post.

MUCH more comfortable driving now.

Wifey likes her chair so I left that alone.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The seats in Barths are not unique to Barth. They are standard, off the shelf RV seats. The only thing that matters a little bit is whether or not they will bolt up exactly to your seat tracks or seat base mount. If not, it is a simple matter to drill new holes or make an adapter plate. It is very likely that most any RV seat will fit with only a crescent wrench needed.

BTW, inspect how well they are mounted. I moved my seat belt anchors to the floor and made backing bars underneath for both seats and belts. The backing bars should be fairly long and sturdy, as I don't trust the large washers on sheet metal for any resistance of crash forces. Use high quality US bolts.

If you are old and gimpy, it is best to have captive nuts on the bars and have the bars secured to the floor, so the seats can be removed easily by one person for underdash maintenance.

If you are young and supple, and plan on staying that way, never mind. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I AM 66 TWO NEW SHOULDERS TWO NEW KNEES AND GET AROUND PRETTY GOOD.JUST DON'T LIKE RED WIRES.THANKS FOR THE HELP i FOUND A PLACE THATHAS NEW SEATS FOR AROUND
$300+
LENNY
ps sorry about the caps I don't look at the screen when I type.

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B