Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Plastic to metal adhesive
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
I, and many of you, have plastic parts that need to be applied to or over the aluminum skin or ribbing of our coaches. Since screws guarantee corrosion and leaks (if steel or stainless steel) I asked my wife for a solution. She came up with 3M 4693H Industrial Plastic Adhesive. I used it on the ABS bumper ends and some reflectors on the sides of the coach. This stuff is permanent and eliminates holes in the skin. Once cured it cannot be removed without destroying the plastic part. I recently replaced the plastic edging around a skylight and just put the new flashing on top of the old holes and completely eliminated screws. Check out the 3M website and I think you will be pleased. We also have another two part epoxy that is structural for replacing panels around the doors and compartments to eliminate the galvanic corrosion problem. I will post the spec on that later this weekend.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
3M makes some really good stuff. I love their spray adhesive for doing interior car work, etc.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post