Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    CABIN FEVER A 17 foot Barth, Used to be (Well we wanted a queen bed)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

CABIN FEVER A 17 foot Barth, Used to be (Well we wanted a queen bed)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted
Well we wanted a queen bed......

Well the 21' with trunk will soon be a queen bed with real storage from outside. I have plenty of pics but can't figure out how to post more than one. The bed area ends up being 62" wide. The storage will be 20" tall by 62" long by 67" wide.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Now, I'd say that definitely qualifies as a project.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
I am really excited to see and hear about this project from every angle.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"I am really excited to see and hear about this project from every angle."
Yeah. And every curve. A great idea, and it looks good so far. The top radius (curve) support was salvaged from the original bustle?? Please: more pics as it progresses.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
The bustle radius was pitched. The top curve is original. Simply moved entire rear wall back and attached to existing stub wall of bustle.

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Cut the side panel and install a wider window, could look good. Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Does your Regal have aluminum ally wheels? - 16 inch?

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Yes it has 16" alcoa rims on it.

Note: Edit by Bill N.Y. to add the pictures and text seen below.

This last one is PhotoChopped, but you get the idea.

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I've tried the edit delete but cant figure out how to delete a post

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Go to the "edit" option at the lower right of the post (with the little eraser icon).

One of the options is to delete the post ("Delete Message").

Nice work, BTW - an ambitious job!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post

The aluminum is finished other than cleaning and polishing. We're doing the bed frame next.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That looks great!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome Job! Without the ladder, roof rack and bussle it really has a clean look. Are you going to leave the Roof rack off too?

I presume the coach was never painted?
Keep those photos coming!

Neat project, and the size will probably make it more affordable to drive too..

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Wow!!

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post