Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Desert RV
 Login now/Join our community

posted
So I am putting fatmat sound insulation, pretty much all over the cab floor and walls of my C class, and cursing while removing the carpet from around the driver and passenger seat. Why not just take the seats out? Bolted through the floor and would need a torch to cut the bolts because of the rust underneath the chassis. Wait, this C came from the desert, a couple of squirts with WD 40, and presto, came off with an open end wrench. So putting the fatmat on will be a breeze. Gotta love that desert.

ChuckD
Stillwater MN
1977 C class

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I know about the limitations of WD 40, but it was the only damn thing I could find. Their is a home brew recipe some where on the net that is really good.

Chuckd
77 Class c

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Sea foam deep creep is my nut buster wonder! I been skinning my knuckles for the past 40 some odd years and as much as I like p b blaster over w d 40 the sea foam is again better then the p b blaster Thumbs Up

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Rust? What is rust? We don't have that here in the south....

You all would be envious of our 30 year old cars without any rust...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Let us know the results of your sound reduction. I been told that snow seal products for roof works almost as good for less $. Like you I was worried about taking my seats out. For a 38 year old chassis I was surprised how rust free the undercarriage of the Class C is. I did use a 3/8" air ratchet to remove mine. Could have used hand tools. Installing swiveling, retractable, seats with arm rest . Being able to rotate the pass. side 180 deg. has made it the best seat in the house.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I use Kroil, much better than most rust busters I have tried. It is so good that this great State of CA has banned it from being sold in large qualities. Grrrr

I live in the CA desert about 20 miles off the coast.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post