Tools
Reply To This Topic

Water leaks
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Evan:
I have a car camera I just bought I'm going to set it up in the leaking compartment tonight it's going to rain to record were its coming from I will keep in let u all know what I find

So did the rain come in while the camera was recording?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
steele products Great selection. Not Cheap.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
What a super selection. If you cant find it here it you are plain out of luck...........Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I had a water leak in the compartment just behind the entrance door on my 1985 Regency. I could not figure out how the water was getting in, so I used a water hose with low pressure ( no nozzle )and let in run over the door hinge and around the door seal. I found no leaks, however when I sprayed water again all around the area I found the leak.
The water was coming in from a poor seal around the outside 120 electric box located above and a little to the left of the compartment door.
I use a good caulking around the box and tried it again and that ended the water leak.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I viewed the video didn't show much but it's coming from above the inner lip so still have to find were its coming from any way today recovered the bedroom window treatment covers with marine vinyl got one done also took out bed room night tables ripped the carpet under them out going to put stained wood in its place tomorrow going to check all the pluming in coach so if any problems I can fix before wood floor goes down seeing I paid $1600.00 for it better to be safe then sorry.

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
Greetings Everyone,

Speaking of water leaks, we have a persistent one from the rear storage compartment on our 85 Regal. The water ends up collecting in the compartment and along the rear bath wall where the counter/lav sink junctions with the wall.....any takers? Seen this too?
We've checked every seam, rivet, in fact, the whole rear end of the coach and the only suspect is the roof ladder which has a split in it from water infiltration and then freezing......otherwise, everything else is intact, sealed and tight.
The frustrating point of all of this is that this leak is just from rain with the coach sitting in the driveway!
Thanks-

Posts: 77 | Location: IN | Member Since: 09-30-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Did you check the rear side window seams? If there's a front to back incline, almost anything forward could end up at the back. Grasping at straws. Do you have a rear window? Awning brackets?

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Quinn,

To your question: yes...we have a back window. Hubby did the tape test on it as well as the running lights and anything else that had a seal/seam with aluminum tape. Since we have so much rain here in Central Indiana (this past summer was very tropical), it was a good if not great opportunity to do this. Plus, where ever the window seals were defective or shrunk, he replaced with new seals. All window drains were serviced. No good. He also check anything roof top to see if there was something missed and saw nothing wrong. All tight.
So, here we are. Sigh!
Thanks for asking and any more thoughts are welcomed. We will check side windows in the meantime.
Again, thanks-

Posts: 77 | Location: IN | Member Since: 09-30-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I found the vent seal on the roof of our 81 euro was leakng amd the water followed the vent pipe to an elbow and leaked exactly where you describe. Below and to the curb side of the rear window at the edge of the countertop and sink. (Rear Barth). Removed vent cap and replaced the vent bushing and hose test confirms leak fixed.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1991 but I am going to the roof next thanks

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Thanks for this-we will be checking this out....amazing how something so basic can cause so much havoc!
I'll let you know if this is the culprit-

Again, thanks.