Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Sharp Microwave Convection Oven Model R-930AK-P
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sharp Microwave Convection Oven Model R-930AK-P
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Like I didn't have enough to do already, the OEM Sharp microwave convention oven died last week. I shouldn't complain, I can't believe it lasted that long.

Liz found another Sharp that is almost identical. Model R-930AK-P at Home Depot for about $400. It is the exact same width and depth. The height is about 1/2 inch shorter. The feet on the bottom even fit into the recesses in the mounting shelf! It fits right in. You have to lower the top trim about 1/2 inch to cover the hole again. Thumbs Up

OEM unit was rated 700 watts microwave, 1400 watts convention. Did a poor job on popcorn but the convection function was good. New one is 900 watts microwave and is noticeably better.

A quick and easy replacement. Hopefully the new one will last like the old one!

My "stainless steel" range hood was rusted so I took it out, I actually don't miss it. (I didn't think to refinish it like Dave R did.)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
found another Sharp that is almost identical. Model R-930AK-P at Home Depot for about $400. It is the exact same width and depth. T

What a stroke of luck that was! confusion

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Actually, Liz spent some time looking for the one that fits. One of the reasons I posted the model is that Home Depot only carries it online, might have been overlooked. Well worth the search, so easy to install! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liz spent some time looking for the one that fits.

A good woman is mighty important in a man's life Click

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well worth the search, so easy to install!

...and notice the breather vent in the picture above on Steve's oven.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's it Keven, thanks. Right now I have my eye on a 1200 watt microwave with inverter technology. It will fit closely in the same spot as the old one but I will probably have to put some wood trim around the outer edges. Are there any problems with running a 1200 watt microwave in the Barth?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
No problem with that wattage, however if you are using an inverter, not to be confused with microwave "inverter technology", this is the DC-AC inverter) make sure it is a "true sine-wave" type. The cheaper inverters (modified sine wave) do not have a compatible output for microwaves and the power of the microwave will be greatly reduced, it will not harm it just much lower power!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks MWrench. We do not use an inverter in our coach. The microwave inverter technology allows a steady stream of power for cooking instead of cycling on and off at full power. Believe I will give this a shot.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post