Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dometic Duo Therm
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Just completed a swap of a four year old Duo Therm that stopped cooling. Puzzled by the issue I climbed up on the roof to inspect and found the plastic cover of our 4 year old Duo Therm was melted to the condenser. The rear plastic fin openings had melted and stuck onto the condenser. After breaking them to remove the cover I discovered the plastic fan blades that provide cooling air were broken off and lying in the bottom right under the fan motor. The motor was working but no blades meant no cooling. Someone at Dometic decided the older metal blades that have never broken off should be replaced by plastic. Bad idea. This completes my replacement of all Dometic AC units with Coleman Mach. Suggest all who have any of the newer Duo Therms check for broken fan blades.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
We have Duo Therms , I believe they were installed in 2012 . I'll check them .

Thanks for the update Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Have a carrier that had a plastic fan blade the broke and replaced with metal. It was cooling badly and looked up into the unit from inside and could see hole to the outside world. Need to reseal and check it out. If it does not work well I am putting in a 15.5K Furrion.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post