Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Started working on the trailer today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Started working on the trailer today
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted
Here's the floor plan

Today we stopped looking at the Barth and started working on it. First job was trash removal, we found a bunch of old magazines, no manual or info of any kind. I did find the water tank and I took a look at the water heater. The copper lines look better than I expected. I may leave them in.

Next we pulled up the carpet.

A good run around with the shop vac and it looks and smells much better.

I know it's just the beginning, but we fell like we got off to a good start.

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
We only have a microwave. Wish it were an oven sometimes. keep the pictures coming
tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm psyched for you! I hope you keep posting your "Barth Trailer Makeover Story" here.

Thanks for sharing!!! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We did a little more today. I whacked out some of the bad floor by the door and my wife pulled up the tile over most of the floor.

Tomorrow I'm planning to take the couch frame out and start working on the wood around that. There's some bad wood under the fridge so I think I'll be heading in there too.

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We made some progress today. Sherrie took the bull by the horns and started scrubbing the exterior.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post

I didn't just take pictures of her working all day... I took the couch frame out and worked on the floor.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Looking better already Thumbs Up

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you already posted this somewhere or not...

What are your plans for the trailer? Complete restore, make it livable, high customized luxury get-a-way with a spa like feeling....

Haha, looks like it's cleaning up great so far, I'd love to see that all shinned up and everything! Cool

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I have a very detailed well thought plan... I'm going to do what my wife wants.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
looks much better, what is she using to clean the outside?

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
She used warm water with a little splash of bleach.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
The trailer is looking great!

Some friends from New Orleans told us that after Katrina, NEW DAWN was the recommended ingredient for washing moldy walls. It apparently contains something that kills mold. Also, something that is less aggressive than bleach but equally effective is hydrogen peroxide. Besides, it is fun to watch all the bubbles eating away at the mold. We put it down the drain and spray it on the toilet and sink ... amazing how much bacteria and mold there is that you cannot even see.

Keep up the good work.

Carl Feren

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Is that New Dawn the dishwashing liquid? Peroxide is fun to watch, we might let the kids do that.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is NEW DAWN, the dishwashing detergent.

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what year is the t.t. we just bought one almost like it from the outside the floor plan is different...also what lenght??? ours is an EXECUTIVE??? we will be cleanig just like you..good luck,will be following the progress,will post pix of ours when we can

Posts: 10 | Location: gainesville | Member Since: 11-19-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post