Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Started working on the trailer today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Started working on the trailer today
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for a sink for a duplex that I'm remodeling that only has room for a 25 inch or so. They are available if you know where to look. I made the RV guy dig into the books little further and he came up with some decent ones from around 80 to 140 bucks. I have a SS double in the coach, and it would cost about 200 to replace it, but that's how Barth did things. I'd try to stay with a double, or a 60/40, just to have a rinse sink. If this doesn't concern you a single might be fine, and a lot cheaper.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Here are the pictures of our work in progress promised on the chat.
Working on the cabinets.

The walls and cabinets are coming along.

Stink Daddy finally got all the bolts out of the Amish installed sink!

Ugh. I should have waited on these walls until we got the cabinets out.

The kitchen cabinet doors cleaned up nicely about a half hour after we got back from vacation.

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Looking good! I know the amount of work required and admire your efforts. Relative to the sink have you thought of replacing the top then having what options you want? Granite with molded double? Probably under $5K. Wink

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Todays update...
Getting ready for a new countertop base.

Some cabinet work getting done.

Pulling out a bad piece of wall.

Ceiling work...

Replacement wall is up.

Test driving the new counter tile and sink.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pics guys. You have really been working hard. I still haven't replaced any carpet(before the Washington GTG I decided to rip out the carpet)& have yet to attack it. Keep finding myself under the coach rather than in it.

Tere

How old are your kids again?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
"Lookin' good!!!

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you'll get the carpet done, you did a super job on the roof.

Walker is 11 and Katie is 8.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
HOLIDAY RAMBLER TRAILER had a table that was hooked on the wall in front of the long couch that had thee extensions to make it 6 feet long it would be interesting if they still made them.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I set the tile on the countertop today.
Here's the treated plywood base.

I dry fit all the tile.

I moved the tile out of the way, keeping them in position.

It was pretty smooth picking the tile up and setting them in place. Here's the tile after I set them in the thinset.

I'm started cutting the backsplash and I should get that set tomorrow.

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Kudos to you and sherrie, you are going to have a beautiful Barth.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Looks beautiful.... Good choice on the materials you used.... Keep it up and keep the pics coming!!!

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hey StinkyDaddy,

Latest to RSVP (today) is a former factory worker (Tom Leveriner) who married one of the Barth girls. He specifically asked whether there would be any trailers there. I told him about the work you and Sherrie are doing. He's looking forward to seeing it....Save your technical questions. I'll bet he'd be more than glad to give you some tips.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
That is super news Lou. We are really looking forward to the GTG now. No pressure or anything since a former Barth worker has asked specifically about trailers...

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Here's our progress in the kitchen. I have the tile set but not grouted. I dry fit the stove and sink to give Sherrie an idea of what it's going to look like.

When Sherrie got home from St. Louis she said she was ready to start polishing the Barth... so I got out the polisher and went to work.

Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Here is another update.
We took the cabinets down, completed the refinishing job, and got them back up today.

We replaced some pieces of wall...

We put up a glass tile backsplash.

We replaced the large wall panel behind the couch and got the couch back in after refinishing.

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24