Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Started working on the trailer today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Started working on the trailer today
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey,...tin ceiling pannels....thats a idea I might use on my project. Smiler

Tell you what...they are awesome looking and oh so bright. I did a guest bedroom in our old farmhouse up north and I would get a picture of my guests that were staying over and turn it into a magnet that I would stick over their bed on the ceiling. Funny huh?

Here's what I learned about installing tin ceilings:

The panels usually come in 2'X4' sections and are easy to bend or cut. First, you should install a plywood backer and then you need to fasten the panels. You could use glue, but I bought one of those inexpensive electric brad guns and just nailed them. The brads are so small and the panels so shinny and complex, you just can't see the brads at all. If I did it in a coach I think I would glue and brad them just for security sake. That's it!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Good stuff! Now,... I just have to ok with the wife! cheers

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We had a good weekend working on the TT.

I pulled the oven hood out.

Then the cabinets.

If you have this edging on your cabinets be aware that it's stapled by true craftsmen.

A few of Sherrie's supplies.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Sherrie started pulling the covering off the walls.

Here's how it looks cleaned up over the door.

Sherrie at work.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
The fruit of Sherrie's labor.

I also pulled out the sink.

Sherrie moved on to the middle of the trailer.

And really made progress.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
WOW! Great work Sherrie. Just be real careful never to leave your beer next to an open can of solvent, paint, turpentine, etc. I'm speaking from experience here cheers

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Lookin GOOD yous guys!!! Hey Sherrie, does William help you with any of the other supplies besides the beer?

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Nice Job Sherrie Thumbs Up and have another one on me. cheers

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Stinky Daddy - Do you mean to tell us that all you give that hard-working woman for that terrific job, was a couple cans of finish, a tube of caulk, and three EMPTY beer bottles?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Nice job!! It is going to be beautiful, heck its almost there now.

Thanks for the pictures, you inspire us all Thumbs Up

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're at Sherrie's mom's for the weekend, where we got the TT. When we got it we didn't get a key with it and Sherrie's step dad doesn't remember what the key looked like. Would any of the other trailer owners be able to post a picture of the key to help us find ours?

Thanks,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Besides... when it doesn't fit, you can surely use it as a bottle opener. Thumbs Up

Skeleton Key Bottle Opener - $12.00

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Wow! you guys are moving right along. It looks great & can't wait to see what you do in the next 6 weeks. I still haven't done anything with our floor or toilet. I have to remove the toilet to do the floor. Have you done anything with your black tank(do you even have one) or grey tank or your toilet? It's just now getting warm enough to do anything outside so we're off & running. We are sending our rear gas tank & sending unit off to have reconditioned. Then we install. Jim wants to have the floor done too but we are still debating what to do with that. I worry about gluing anything with the heat & cold fluctuation over the summer & winter. We'll see. Can't wait to see your progress. Keep the pics coming.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the praise and suggestions. I have a couple more questions. I plan to go with white appliances. RV sinks I am looking at online appear to be plastic. Advantages/disadvantages? I'm guessing these would stain badly. SD drinks a lot of red wine! Also, single bowl sink, double bowl, and suggested sizes?

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Use household sinks for the maximum amount of design options. No need to "HAVE TO" use something for an RV for the sink.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis