Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting ready for summer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
I splurged on stainless steel wheel skins. Smiler

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichieC:
I splurged on stainless steel wheel skins. Smiler
A very nice job on the polish up!!! Wink

...when one thing looks better - we must inevitably spend more money to make something else look better too. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bill. Now the real "fun" starts. I removed the toilet and I'm re-doing the floor. Eeker

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
I work on the ceiling this past weekend.
Before:

Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
and "after"

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Wow, I like, I like !!....Great job......
Can ya tell us more about the product & source, how it's applied and how did you deal with the raw edges along the sides?

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Lee. The material came from Fabricland, a chain of fabric stores here in Canada; it was about $12 a running yard (by 4 1/2 feet). We used the spray-on 3M upholstery adhesive to glue it over the plywood ceiling. (We only re-covered as far back as the kitchen). I still need to buy some moulding for the corners, but the total job didn't cost more than about $90.
Here's a pic of the "Happy Camper"

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Beautiful ceiling! I know what my next project will be. We had a little leakage around the antenna that wandered to the fore roof vent and did some staining but no real damage to the luanne ceiling panels. The trim is put up with those neat little screws so I just have to find a bit for them and the rest should be a piece of cake. I won't use exactly the same upholstery but we have Joannes Fabric down here and they have tons of stuff.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Danny. We burned the "midnight oil" finishing up all the cove moulding last night, but dog-onit, I forgot to take some pics.
I've almost got the head ready for service. I cheaped out in there; linoleum I found in the shed and vinyl moulding with lotsa silicone.
Teresa, my Better-Half, painted the inside of the door and the rear stateroom. She's a good little painter. Smiler

Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Got the trim in place...