Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Open letter to Gary Carter
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted
Hi Gary: At one point you said you were going to write up the 542 to 2000 swap. If you did can you publish the link? For those of us without the equipment and skill, does 10-12 hours sound correct for the time to r and r a transmition? I have an old time truck mechanic who is willing to try. Any comments would be of great interest to all of us with early 90's Breakaways.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all
Wayne

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I wrote some about the conversion and you can find it by searching upgrade files.

You might want to give yourself a little more time. All you really need for tools is a transmission jack. I picked up one at harbor freight for under $100. The other special tool was a engine bar to turn the engine over.

I would not go back. It like having a new coach.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
I think this is the string https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...351039292#2351039292
is there a particular model number or just a 5 sp 2000 with parking brake?
thanks
Wayne

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Would this be of some help??

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/...nd-swap-guide-thread

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post