Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Zip dee awning accessories channel
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/13
Picture of sk8er32283
posted
So I bought a used but in really good condition Patty O Room for the Barth while we are living in her temporarily. I got really lucky to find the exact fit that I needed on Craigslist for only 300 bucks plus shipping.

When I started to put it up I instantly realized that it required some sort of accessory rail to attach it to the awning. NOT GOOD. Commencing thinking of a good way to explain this to the wife. At the conclusion of my frantic research and phone calls I found out that the commercial awning companies use an aluminum channel the is the same size channel to mount to buildings and stuff. So I bought some and mounted it the entire length of the awning and presto I can now have "accessories". Everything roles up nice and tight just like before and it looks pretty good. I will post pictures later of the install for all to see. I almost forgot the best part. Cost was only 30 bucks compared to CPing world at 55 bucks. Plus you had to wait for the product to show up.

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Allison 4 speed w/ air shifter
Gillig Chassis
7.5KW Onan Diesel Generator
Click for Charleston, South Carolina Forecast

Posts: 81 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID(United States Navy) | Member Since: 01-01-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Golly... And to think when we were in the Army we thought sailors didn't know their way around ;-)

Oh dear. I can feel the flames before this even hits the board.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
Golly... And to think when we were in the Army we thought sailors didn't know their way around ;-)

Oh dear. I can feel the flames before this even hits the board.
Watch it Dogface. Lotsa of us old Swabbies around here nono cheers Violence Shields Up

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Watch it, Nick. We're no dogfaces, we're 'groundpounders', and good lookin' at that Violence

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick and The Capitan; Whats with the bells???? cheers

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
I definiely know how to make my way around town. I always say "I am not the smartest man in the world, but I know what I know and know when to ask the question"

@Jim

A.K.A

knuckle draggers
bullet sponges
jar heads(mostly marines but applicable for some army dogs also)

So here are the pictures I promised.

I hope this helps someone.

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 81 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID(United States Navy) | Member Since: 01-01-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
We had the same problem so we just pop riveted the rail to the awning. Worked great. The only thing we had to do is to move the locking clamp on the front side of the rail. I can send pics if you'd like.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
Pics would be great. Thanks in advance.

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Gillig Chassis