Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tail Light Assemblies
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
http://www.levineautoparts.com/rubbolite-8002.html
This new LED assembly looks like a candidate for our aging rear assemblies. May be chaeper if Googled.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. btw Grote makes a replacement with a chrome housing.

http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=52112

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Gotta love being a Chevrolet clone! Replacement and aftermarket parts are still available.

Those rubbolite units seem nice. I wonder why they can only be used on the right side when mounted horizontally? Maybe venting issues? The illustration appears to be what it would look like if mounted horizontally on the left side!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it has something to do with the body mount of the trucks they usually fit as replacements. They work fine vertically as is the case with my coach. If it fits it has to work.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:

Those rubbolite units seem nice. I wonder why they can only be used on the right side when mounted horizontally? Maybe venting issues?

Maybe Goop one hole shut and drill another in the right location.

I wonder if either is available with two red tail/stop sockets and lenses and one back up.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They sell replacement lenses so you could just change the amber to red.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I checked another site and it suggested that they could be used left side if the wiring was changed. The harness connecter is different from left to right side. It appears there are no mounting issues, just minor wire changes.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
They sell replacement lenses so you could just change the amber to red.

I guess that would depend on whether or not the amber section had a socket for a dual filament bulb or single filament bulb. Two taillights and two two brake lights per side seems like a good way to go. That is how our Barth came.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The description indicates both 1157 and 1156 bulbs are used. I suspect the turn and and backup bulbs are single filament ie 1156.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
The description indicates both 1157 and 1156 bulbs are used. I suspect the turn and and backup bulbs are single filament ie 1156.

I was thinking the same thing.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I am very pleased with my results, for a tenth of the price, by using red LED bulb replacements with the OEM housings and lenses. But, if your lenses have cracked, that assembly appears to be an appropriate modernized replacement.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post