Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Advice on sagging headliner over captain's chairs
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Advice on sagging headliner over captain's chairs
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Steve - HaHa! I keep telling Elise - as soon as the AC is back on, we might just be taking it for a RIDE, as in just go DRIVE the thing! I did drive it all the way back from Boston (approx. 550 mi.) and it does drive great.

Thank you and Tom for all the great suggestions, including the straight ladder approach. I hadn't considered the sloped sliding method. I was thinking of hoisting it up using my heavy rail 8' stepladder, but I will definitely use the fly section from my HD 32'extension ladder. I've got lots of aluminum heavy-grade ladders - as an aside, my dad (and grandfather before him) owned and operated a small aluminum ladder plant.

Doorman - you know, I'd wondered if the wood wasn't cherry after all. Maybe I can source some cherry molding to replace the oak.

And you guys know this already, but I wouldn't have had near the success if it weren't for support and excellent pointers along the way. Go Barthmobile!

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post