Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Holiday Rambler
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Sherrie and I were in Myrtle Beach last week and as we were driving on Kings Highway just south of Ocean Lakes Sherrie yells "Trailer!". She saw it thru a couple of buildings in the back parking lot of a church. I whipped the Expedition around and we pulled up to have a look. It looked alot like our Barth, so we were really stoked. As Sherrie hopped out to see the brand name on the front, a guy comes out of the trailer. Turns out he restores the trailers and sells them at very low cost to people who are losing their homes to forclosure. A really interesting dude. Sherrie and I talked to him for about an hour about old trailers.
He's redoing this Holiday Ramlber for a lady who is about to lose her house.

Here's his baby, a custom toyota. He said it has a queen size bed and a flat screen tv, perfect for him.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Looks nice... What year is it?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
Picture of StinkyDaddy
Bill,
He said it was 40 yrs old, not sure if he was being exact or roughing it. The conversation never got back to the year, he was telling us about all the stuff he's doing to it.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
The Old Man and No Barth
That Holiday Rambler body is typical of late '60s, early '70s coaches, so 40 is close enough for gum'mint work. They were top of the line for their day, though a repair man I knew had unkind words for the quality of welding in the aluminum body framing.
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
not me I am a welder also did a lot of tig . if you can do gas you can do tig.did not find very much wrong with welding .most of thair work on one trailer was done by the same person. until the later years.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
they would put cars on top for demonstration I had one .but with paint
lenny
(mine was 32ft) the vin number was stamped into a frame on the hitch part there were a lot of doubles and sold in different states had getting papers.

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B
I just found this site. We just purchased a 70's holiday rambler. I see this comment is from 2010. If you get this, do you know if this man is still renovating? Would love to ask him questions b/c we are getting ready to renovate ours. What a great person to do this for others in need.
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Sherrie and I were in Myrtle Beach last week and as we were driving on Kings Highway just south of Ocean Lakes Sherrie yells "Trailer!". She saw it thru a couple of buildings in the back parking lot of a church. I whipped the Expedition around and we pulled up to have a look. It looked alot like our Barth, so we were really stoked. As Sherrie hopped out to see the brand name on the front, a guy comes out of the trailer. Turns out he restores the trailers and sells them at very low cost to people who are losing their homes to forclosure. A really interesting dude. Sherrie and I talked to him for about an hour about old trailers.
He's redoing this Holiday Ramlber for a lady who is about to lose her house.
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
Welcome to the site! As you can see we like old RVs around here. Bill (StinkyDaddy) might have contact info. You might try an email to contact him, I don't know how often he checks the site here. Click on the WilliamMitchell link to contact him there.

If you click on his name in the original post you can jump to his public profile. There is a link to send a private message there, you might try that.

Good luck with your project. This site has a lot of good info on RV systems and accessories. Do a search through the forums, you may find info that applies to your trailer as well.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
Welcome to Barthmobile!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
Picture of StinkyDaddy
Welcome to Barthmobile! We didn't get contact info from the guy, but he was near Ocean Lakes. Good luck with your Holiday Rambler.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24